Breakfast Banana Splits
- 1 medium firm banana
- 1/3 cup each blueberries, halved seedless grapes, sliced kiwifruit and strawberries
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup granola cereal with almonds
- 2 maraschino cherries with stems
- Slice banana in half lengthwise; cut each in half widthwise. Place
- two pieces of banana in two individual bowls. Top each with 2/3 cup
- mixed fruit, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup granola and 1 cherry.
- 2 servings.
Mini Ham and Egg Cups
- 6 slices ham
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small potato, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 8 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Mist a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Cut each slice of ham in half and press 1 piece into each cup.
2. Warm oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook potato, stirring, until softened and golden, about 5 minutes. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes longer. Season with salt and divide among muffin cups.
3. In a large measuring cup, whisk together eggs, milk and 1/4 tsp. salt. Pour egg mixture into muffin cups so each one is about half full. Bake until eggs are cooked through, about 15 minutes. Let stand on a wire cooling rack for 5 minutes. Remove ham and egg cups from muffin tin. Top with salsa. Can serve warm or at room temperature. Serves 6.
Berry Banana Smoothie
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla or plain yogurt
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 medium ripe bananas, cut into chunks
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 2 teaspoons honey
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately.
- 2 servings
Cinnamon Crescent Rolls
- Preheat oven to 375
- Place the unrolled and separate crescent rolls on an ungreased cookie sheet(one with sides).
- Evenly spread the cinnamon butter over the crescent rolls and roll up tightly.
- Place tip side down on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Place in a zip lock bag and snip a tiny corner off.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cinnamon rolls.
Makes 8 rolls.