Strawberry Nutella Stacked Waffles
– 2 waffles, toasted
– 2 large sliced strawberries
– 1 tbs of Mascarpone Cheese
– 1 tbs of Nutella
Cut waffles in heart shapes using a large heart shaped cookie cutter.
Gently spread on your mascarpone. Lay on some of those strawberries and spread the nutella onto
the other heart. Place nutella side down over strawberries.
If you want to make this treat extra special, top with some whipped and dust with some cinnamon!
Makes one waffle sandwich.
1. Blow up balloons. Spray each balloon (the area you’ll be putting the chocolate on) with non-stick spray such as Crisco spray so that the chocolate will release easier.
2. Melt 4 oz. Ghirardelli milk chocolate. If you use a microwave, melt on medium heat for short periods being very careful not to overheat the chocolate.
3. Let the chocolate cool for a few minutes in a bowl that is sized so that you can dip your balloon into the bowl. The chocolate can’t be so hot that it will pop the balloon.
4. Holding the knot, dip the very bottom of the balloon a couple of inches into the chocolate so you have a nice, solid chocolate bottom.
5. After each balloon is dipped, place on a Heavy Weight Dipping Sheet or waxed paper lined tray. The chocolate will start to settle making a flat bottom for the chocolate bowl.
6. After your balloons are finished, move them to a cool area to set up (harden). Hopefully they will fit in your fridge! If so, they will set up in about 10 minutes.
7. After the chocolate is completely set up, it’s time to deflate the balloons. Gently remove the chocolate covered balloon from the dipping sheet. If using waxed paper, you might need to slide a knife around the bottom edge to loosen the bottom of the chocolate bowl. Once you remove the balloon, you can use a hat pin to deflate it or cut a small hole in the top of it to deflate it. Make the hole near the area where the balloon is tied.
8. As the balloon deflates it will still be attached to the inside of the chocolate. Very slowly peel the balloon away from the chocolate.
9. Fill with whipped cream or pudding.
Makes 6 chocolate bowls.
1 box any flavor Cake mix
1 container ready-made frosting
48 oz. any color Candy Melts
48 lollipop sticks
1. Bake the cake and let it cool completely on a rack. Crumble it with forks or your fingers until it is in fine crumbs. Add 3/4 of the container of frosting. Mix with cake crumbs until completely combined.
2. Roll into 1 1/2″balls. Insert a lollipop stick into each cake ball. Place on wax paper and freeze for about 15 minutes.
3. Melt the Candy Melts. Dip each cake ball into melted Candy Melts, completely covering the cake ball. Return to wax paper and refrigerate until firm.
Makes about 48 cake balls.
Sweet Heart Pops
12 mini candy canes
6 (6-inch) paper lollipop sticks
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Red, white, and pink nonpareils or sugar sprinkles
1. Heat the oven to 235°. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, arrange the candy canes as hearts and bake them for 10 minutes.
2. Slide the hearts, still on the parchment paper, onto a work surface. Quickly pinch each heart onto a lollipop stick as shown below (an adult’s job).
3. In the microwave, melt together the chocolate chips and the oil in 10-second intervals, stirring between heatings.
4. Spoon the chocolate mixture into the center of each heart, then top with nonpareils or sugar sprinkles. Cool the pops before serving or wrapping them.