Mini Shepherd’s Pies
In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
is no longer pink. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until tender;
drain. Stir in the chili sauce, vinegar and salt; set aside.
In a small saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Pour into a
small bowl. Whisk in potato flakes until blended. Beat in cream
cheese until smooth.
Press 1 biscuit dough onto the bottom and up the sides of each of 10
greased muffin cups. Fill with beef mixture. Spread potato mixture
over beef. Sprinkle with potato chips; press down lightly.
Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle
with paprika if desired. Serve immediately, or cool before placing
in a single layer in a freezer container. Cover and freeze for up to
Yield: 5 servings.
© Taste of Home 2013
Chocolate-Filled Meringue Snowballs
- Heat oven to 250°F. Generously grease cookie sheets with shortening.
- In medium bowl, stir powdered sugar, cookie crumbs, pecans, chocolate chips, bourbon and corn syrup until well mixed. Shape 1/2 teaspoonfuls into balls; place on sheet of waxed paper. (If necessary, flour hands to shape balls.)
- In small bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Stir in vanilla.
- Drop balls 1 at a time into meringue. With spoon, coat well to form 1-inch balls; place on cookie sheets. Swirl top of meringue with spoon.
- Bake 30 minutes or until meringue snowballs are crisp. Immediately remove from cookie sheets.