Birthday Cake Popcorn Recipe
6 cups freshly popped popcorn
1½ cups white chocolate chips
1 cup cake batter mix (yellow or white)
¼ cup rainbow sprinkles
1) Place popped popcorn in a large bowl, removing all unpopped kernels.
2) Place the white chocolate chips in a medium, microwave-safe bowl. Melt chips in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring every 30 seconds, until fully melted. Add cake batter mix and mix until well-incorporated (note: mixture will be thick). Pour over popcorn, add sprinkles and mix until evenly coated. Spread onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper and allow to harden for 20 minutes before serving.
Yield: 6 cups popcorn
- 1 and 1/2 cups Ritz Crackers, crushed
- 2 cups grated Cheddar Jack
- 4 tablespoons unsalted Butter, melted
- 4 and 1/2 cups cooked Elbow Macaroni (about 8 ounces uncooked)
- Approx 5.5oz Garlic and Herb cheese
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, cold
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3 strips of Bacon, chopped (optional)
- Parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees and prepare your mini cupcake pan by spraying it with cooking spray!
- Either by hand or using a food processor crush 1 1/2 cups (approx 1 1/2 – 2 sleeves) of Ritz Crackers. In a large bowl, combine the crushed Ritz crackers, 1 cup of the shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese, and the melted butter. Mix well until everything is combined!
- Divide the mixture through the mini cupcake pan, pressing the mixture firmly down into every spot to create the base of each bite!
- In a new bowl, combine the freshly cooked (still hot) macaroni noodles with 1/2 cup of the shredded Cheddar Jack, the garlic and herb cheese, and the butter. Mix everything together!
- In a third bowl smaller bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sour cream, cayenne pepper and salt. Mix with a whisk! Add the egg mixture to the cooked macaroni mixture, mixing everything until all the ingredients are melted!
- Scoop enough of the macaroni mixture to have each muffin cup heaping full! Sprinkle each muffin cup with you extra Cheddar Jack and if you want the chopped Bacon!
- Bake the Mac and Cheese Bites until lightly golden on top, about 15 minutes for the Mini Cups and more like 20 minutes for the regular Cups! Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes, before removing from the pan! Serve immediately!
Creamsicle Ice Cream Soda
- 1 1/4 cup(s) light vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup(s) seltzer
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup(s) ice cube(s)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp orange zest, finely grated (plus orange slices for garnish)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender; blend until creamy. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
Orange-Honey Glazed Carrots
1/2 lb carrots, peeled and sliced
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- Dash ground black pepper. In a medium saucepan with water, bring to a rolling boil. Add the carrots, cover the pan, and boil for 5 minutes. Drain.Stir in remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat until the liquid has evaporated. serves 4.