Yield: 12 cake pops
1 box (15.25 oz.) your favorite cake mix
Ingredients listed on box to prepare the cake mix
1 can (16 oz.) your favorite canned frosting
1 box ice cream cones
1 pkg. (12 oz.) Wilton candy melts – white
1/2 pkg. Wilton candy melts – pink or yellow
Prepare and bake the cake mix using the ingredients listed on the box. Allow cake to cool completely.
Crumble the cake into a large bowl. Add about half of the can of frosting and mix well. You want the mixture to stick together without being “goopy.” You may need to add more or less depending on your cake and preference. Make 12 cake balls and place them on a wax paper-lined baking sheet and freeze for about an hour.
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the candy melts according to package directions. Dip just the top of the open end of the cone into the melted candy “Glue” the cake ball onto the top of the ice cream cone and set aside to completely set. Repeat with remaining cake pops.
Once the cake pops have set completely, re-melt the candy melts in the bowl and dip the cake ball into the candy, completely covering the cake ball. Allow excess to drip off. Set upright and allow the candy to harden. Repeat with remaining cake pops.
Place the colored candy melts in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave in 10-15 second increments until it is smooth and completely melted. Spoon a small amount of the colored candy melt over the top of the cake pop. Immediately insert a M&M on the top and add a few sprinkles. Set upright and allow the candy to completely harden. Repeat with remaining cake pops.
BANANA SPLIT MINI BITES
- Use firm bananas and cut into 1 inch sections.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave and dip the bottom portion of the banana in chocolate and then dip it once again in either non-pareils or chopped peanuts. To quickly harden the chocolate, place dipped bananas in the freezer for five minutes.
- Top with whip cream and a maraschino cherry.
Hershey’s S’more Trail Mix
- 1 Bag Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Drops 8 oz. bag
- 1 Cup Mini Graham Crackers I used Honey Maid Graham Cracker Squares
- 1 can Roasted/ Salted Pecan Halves 7 or 8 oz.
- 1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
Mix all ingredients together and enjoy as a snack. Placed in a sealed plastic bag it is fresh for about 2 weeks. Enjoy! (You can use more of the crackers and mini marshmallows too if you want to extend this recipe longer, but I like the equal portions!) Makes about 4 cups
- 1/2-gallon chocolate ice cream
- 10-12 Mini Coca-Cola cans
- Chocolate Syrup
- Canned Whipped Cream
- Place 1-2 scoops ice cream in each plastic cup, enough to fill about half full. Drizzle chocolate syrup over top of ice cream.
- Add Coca-Cola, until filled to 1 inch below rim of cup. Foam will rise above top rim but won’t spill over edges.
- Top with whipped cream and another drizzle of chocolate syrup, add a straw and enjoy!
Ranch Taco Salad Cone
Coat a waffle cone with lime juice and taco seasoning and baked it until crunchy 275 degrees for 5 min.. Then, fill with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, corn, beans and pulled pork — then drown it in Ranch Dressing